Need Help? Call 877-736-7361 for answers!
Seating is limited to ensure plenty of 1-on-1 time with the instructor.
- This event has passed.
Learn WordPress: The Basics and Beyond – April 20-21, 2017
April 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - April 21, 2017 @ 5:00 pm$297
- Participants will learn the tools, techniques and strategies needed to create a top notch (and secure) WordPress website. In addition to all the great information you’ll learn in class, I will also be including 1 month of FREE post-class mentoring to help you figure things out or answer any questions you may have after class ends. Remember, for just $297 you’ll get:
- 16 Hours of WordPress training and training material,
- A FREE WordPress website and free hosting for one month, and
- One month of FREE post-class mentoring to help you solidify your training.
Day 1: Learn WordPress – The Basics
- What exactly is a Blog?
- Why You Absolutely Need a Blog?
- What is WordPress
- Should I use WordPress.com or WordPress.org?
- Installing and Setting Up WordPress
- Logging Into the WordPress Admin Interface
- Selecting the proper WordPress Settings
- Reviewing the WordPress Admin Menu Items
- Understanding the difference between Posts and Pages
- Using WordPress as a Website or a Blog.
- Selecting & Installing Themes
- How to quickly and easily create your own custom themes
Day 2: Learn WordPress – Beyond the Basics
- Understanding, Selecting and Installing Plugins
- Review of some of the top Plugins for:
- WordPress Site Functionality
- Images and Video
- Search Engine Optimization,
- Social Media,
- Spam Control
- Contact Forms
- Backup & Security, & more
- Using Widgets
- Dynamic Widgets
- Adding and Using Contact Forms
- Minimizing Comment Spam
- The WordPress File Structure
- Securing and Backing Up WordPress
- Search Engine Optimization Tips for your WordPress Site