Junior Search Engine Optimization/Web Specialist
Hi there… My name is Steve and I am the owner here at The Tampa SEO Training Academy. Our vibrant and dynamic Digital Marketing company has locations in Tampa Bay and New York City and works with clients from all over the world. I’ve been in the digital marketing business since 1997 and I have worked from Tampa for the last 15 years after moving down from the New York Metro area in 2004. As the owner of this growing company, I am a busy guy with a million things coming at me from every direction and I need additional assistance managing client projects and dealing with daily project tasks.
Fortunately, for someone looking for a great job (with an even better boss), I’m looking to hire a guy/girl with some basic/intermediate knowledgeable of SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION as soon as possible. This is a fantastic job opportunity for anyone looking to gain work experience at an exciting and rapidly expanding professional internet marketing services firm.
I am looking for that perfect someone who can put in up to 20 hours a week to start, with a flexible schedule, Monday thru Friday. This position requires some time be spent in my home office in Land O Lakes. So, the right candidate must be comfortable working in a home like environment and must be able to pass a Security and Background check.
Now, I’m not the kind of boss that likes to micro-manage (well…, maybe a little) and lurk over your shoulder every minute of the day. As long as your tasks get completed efficiently and with close attention to detail and you communicate effectively with me (I’m pretty easy to talk to), you’ll be free to work at your own pace and time.
THIS JUNIOR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SPECIALIST POSITION WILL START BETWEEN $15 and $20 PER HOUR (based on experience) BUT CAN INCREASE AFTER A FEW MONTHS BASED ON WORK PERFORMANCE.
- Only applicants with some recent SEO experience should apply… if you have not done SEO for at least one or two websites (even your own or a friend) that you can show some results for, then this job is not for you.
- The very best people I’ve hired in the past have always had their own website that they have been optimizing and getting results for. Sound like you?
- I offer VERY flexible hours and telecommuting is OK after an initial burn-in period spent in the office getting to know each other and our systems. After that, a minimum of 2 days a month in the office is expected.
- This is an extremely casual, comfortable and fun environment that’s light on the drama with the opportunity to learn from an industry leader.
- The person I bring on will also receive a 5 Day SEO Certification Mastery Class (a $2,497 value for free) to upgrade his or her skills.
SEO SKILLS I’M LOOKING FOR INCLUDE:
- Keyword Research abilities
- Experience with On-Page Search Optimization techniques.
- Experience with proper “white-hat” Link Building and Link Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Understanding of Google My Business and Local Search Listing sites
- Knowledge of any SEO Software helpful, including: SEMRush, Yoast SEO, Screaming Frog, Majestic SEO, Moz, etc…
- Some experience using/setting up Social network sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of WordPress is ESSENTIAL for this position
- Understanding of WordPress publishing and development standards including functions.php, wp-config.php, & child themes
- Knowledge of current HTML and CSS,
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and how to create goals is super important.
- Some Experience with Dropbox / Google Drive
- Hosting & Domain Administration using cPanel
EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with Divi Theme and/or WooThemes
- Experience with Shopping Carts or Merchant Account Systems,
- Some experience with Google AdWords/PPC
- WordPress Development (implementation & customization)
- Install, maintain, clone and recover WordPress sites
- Database experience with MySQL or the like,
- Mobile App Development,
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
- I’m looking for a capable, enthusiastic, reliable and very-responsive individual who can work directly with me and the Senior SEO Specialist to help our clients succeed and build the business.
- I’d like you to be the kind of person that is able to bring positive energy, fun, good humor and high competence to the position.
- My perfect candidate is a self-motivated, detail oriented and highly organized individual who knows how to multi-task, problem solve and think on his/her feet.
- You’ll need to be a self-starter that is mature, trustworthy, professional and able to follow instructions precisely and work independently with minimal supervision.
- I expect you to possess a can-do attitude with the capacity to initiate work on your own.
- You’ll need to have great problem solving skills so you’ll need to have the talent to figure out how to do anything you don’t know how to do already (in other words… Google That Shit!).
- You must be willing to learn all the details of my business and be able to brainstorm and think of innovative solutions to issues/problems that pop-up.
- You must also have your own transportation and own a cell phone.
- You will need to be capable of efficiently working remotely much of the time.
- Finally it would be best if you lived between 5-45 minutes from my office in the 34638 zip code.
MY IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has superior organizational skills and can correctly process and manage large volumes of information
- Can stay on task and on schedule
- Is reliable, focused and hardworking
- Has a friendly personality with a pleasant attitude
- Is able to follow direction, problem solve and work independently without needing constant supervision but knows how to reach out for help when necessary
- Must maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Too much to ask for? I sure hope not!
- There is also great potential to earn additional money above your hourly pay by earning commissions selling our services via referral. This is completely optional but available if you want the chance to earn some extra money.
HOW TO APPLY:
- If after reading this job description you are excited about the possibilities and are hoping that you get this job working with me, then please fill out the form on this page and forward me your resume along with examples or URL’s of your SEO/Web work and an explanation of why you are seeking part time employment.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT… and this is a deal breaker: Any responses sent without work examples and without your reason for seeking part-time employment will be deleted without further review as that demonstrates to me that you are not as detailed oriented as the person I’m trying to hire. Thanks for understanding.
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES / DESIGN FIRMS / OR OVERSEAS OUT-SOURCER’S WILL BE CONSIDERED AT ALL SO PLEASE DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME OR OURS!