It goes without saying, mobile search is virtually ruling the optimization game, with little competition. In fact, according to Google, mobile searches including the phrase “best” have grown over 80% in the last two years! BrightEdge also recently reported that 51% of their customers have said they use their mobile devices to discover new brands and products! So – where does that leave entrepreneurs striving for business success online?
What is Mobile Search?
Simply put, mobile search is the process of making a search engine query through a handheld mobile device. Easy concept, easy execution. Keep in mind, this doesn’t only include searches done on a cellular device. Mobile searches can also be made on iPads, Tablets, etc. If you can fit it in your pocket or purse, it can be used for mobile searches.
Statistically, most mobile searches are conducted on Google, Bing, or Yahoo. While Google takes the lead by a long shot, its competitors still get frequent search queries.
You should also know that mobile search results can be broken down into two types.
- Organic Results : Organic results come up naturally on SERPs (search engine result pages). They are not paid for, but rather earned. If you come up organically on a search, congratulations – you’ve likely mastered the field of SEO to a tee. But don’t be disappointed if you’re not quite there, it takes a lot of time, focus, and maybe even a few SEO training classes.
- Paid Results : A paid result is one that comes up on a SERP, but not organically. Often times a company will pay to have their website come up first on similar searches to the one being conducted. While it isn’t done organically, it is a good way to get some initial traffic to your website.
Is Mobile Search the Future of SEO?
Right off the bat, this is a loaded question. For entrepreneurs and SEO professionals alike, one of the main goals should be staying ahead of the curve. That being said, if mobile search is the future of SEO, what does that look like for us?
- It was reported by Google, in 2018, that over 50% of online transactions are being done on mobile devices. This is good news if you run a product based company! People are buying online, and that means more sales for you!
- Did you know that smartphone users conducting product based searches are more likely to buy a product immediately? Often times, brick-and-mortar businesses result in merciless “window shopping”, and no same-day purchase. Most mobile search can bring products to those located anywhere!
- According to MarketingLand, in 2019, mobile advertising is expected to represent 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending. This is extremely helpful knowledge, because it just proves that marketing has been brought to the digital world! We encourage you to start advertising where the action is, and that’s on mobile searches!
Where do you think mobile search ends up when it comes to SEO? We want to hear what you have to say. Do you anticipate mobile search being the future of optimization? Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
If you are seeking some extra help with your website, and genuinely invested in making your business all that it can be, contact the Tampa SEO Training Academy today! We have all the necessary tools ready and prepared to help you find the success you’re looking for!