If you’ve had the chance to read through any of our recent articles, you’ve probably gathered that analytics are a big deal for optimization. In fact, some may even say that analytics rule SEO, and it is the key to a successful SEO strategy. Analytics can be thought of the same way as doctor sees blood work. Without knowing specific information about what’s happening on your website, how do know what to add or subtract from your marketing plan?
Are Analytics Important?
Not much thought goes into answering this question… YES, analytics are important! The real question should be: Why are analytics important?
- By reviewing your site analytics you get an opportunity to see where you are succeeding.
- Analytics provides you insights on which of your pages are getting the most traffic. When you know what pages are receiving organic, or even paid traffic, you will be able to make better marketing decisions moving forward. If you have a craft website, and notice DIY articles are giving you the most success, it may be time to start adding more content to your blog.
- If you use Google Analytics, you probably already know just how much information about who is coming to your site, how they got there, how long they stayed, how many pages they viewed and lots more.
- One of the most helpful things about analytics is having the ability to see where your users are coming from around the web. Since you can determine specifically where users are arriving from (search engine, direct traffic, social media sites, other referral sources) then you can start to pour your efforts into those areas. For instance, if you have users visiting your site from your email blasts, or perhaps from Facebook, you can start putting more time into your newsletters and social media posts.
- If you have an eCommerce website, analytics can provide you with information on user behavior. This information can guide you through what is leading your customers into your sales funnel on your site. Even if you can’t find a way to directly use that to your advantage, it is still interesting to know what is leading them to the final sale.
Those are just a few of the big reasons that analytics rule SEO. Google Analytics, and most other analytics tools, can help you learn where your site could benefit from a speed boost, see companies who are viewing your page, and even create channel groups!
Analytics Rule SEO in 2018
After reading how important analytics are to your SEO, you’ll likely agree with us and believe that analytics do in fact rule SEO. You may be wondering – what’s the next step? If you want to find success with properly using analytics, you should:
- Start pushing content. Fresh content, paired with trackable links, will make this process a whole lot easier for you.
- Register your site with Google Analytics (or any other tracking tool like hotjar or crazyegg) so you can start getting your analytic information.
- Use what you find on these tools to your advantage. Each piece of information provided by these tools gives valuable information you can use to your advantage. Play around with different features too, after doing your research on them that is!
- If you’re using analytics and nothing seems to be changing, turn to SEO professionals like Tampa SEO Training Academy. We run free website audits and will let you know promptly what is happening on your site, to see how we can help!
We Want Your Opinions!
Did we miss something in this article? If so, we want to hear from you! Let us know what analytics success you’ve found! Whether it is a tool or strategy, it could help us to help others.
If you want to contact us, feel free to give us a call at (877)736-7361. We’d love to hear about any SEO news, enroll you in an upcoming SEO training class, or direct you to our SEO consulting services!
Steve Scott is the CEO & Director of Training at the Tampa SEO Training Academy. He has taught SEO skills to people from around the world and currently offers his hands-on search engine optimization training workshops in Tampa to individuals and businesses of all sizes. Corporate SEO training classes and consulting are also available.